Introduction to Event Floristry WorkshoP
We have a wealth of knowledge and expertise to share with you and each day we will include plenty of hands on, creative group sessions where we will immerse ourselves in beautiful flowers and foliages, sketches, mood boards and discussions of event florals and briefs, textures and colours and installations and construction.
Topics we will explore include, but are not limited to:
- An insight into the Philippa Craddock design process
- Briefs, designing, styling and design documents
- Design composition and floral selection and placement
- Colours, textures, shapes and dimensions
- Event pricing, budgets and costs
- Flowers and props sourcing and ordering
- Exploring and learning the mechanics and foam-free techniques behind designs, including large scale structures
- Logistics and installation
- Foam-free floristry and sustainability
The workshop space will become our working florist studio for the week and alongside creative sessions we will construct an array of floral designs typically requested and used to dress events.
From urns and table arrangements to larger scale structures such as archways and suspended installations, we will work through each creation starting from the very beginning through to the finishing touches. With guidance, working individually and as a team we will practice and master techniques and mechanical methods used to create textured, whimsical and natural designs and with beautiful locally sourced foliages and florals we will compose exquisite pieces of art.
Examples of designs we will create:
- Low table arrangements
- Tall table arrangements and structures
- Floral walls and backdrops
- Suspended floral installations
- Guest appearance from Philippa Craddock
- Floral Photography session with guest photographer
- Guest speakers from the British events and design industries
Booking terms and conditions can be viewed here.
- Group welcome and today's brief
- Conditioning flowers for today's floral construction
- Tea/Coffee with guest speaker
- Group creative discussion
- Design(s) construction
- Q&A's for the day
This course is held at our creative working flower studio in Fulham, London, in a dedicated, light-flooded, creative space - the perfect environment for an inspiring, creative week.
Philippa Craddock, Unit 3c, Imperial Studios, 3/11 Imperial Road, London, SW6 2AG
We supply all the ingredients, tools, a protective apron and expertise required to complete the course and create the designs.
The nearest train stations are: Imperial Wharf (overground trains) and Fulham Broadway (underground trains), both approximately 10 minute walks from our studio.
There is an app called ‘citymapper’ which is an excellent navigation tool if you are not familiar with the city, it will guide you through the best and quickest routes to your destination.
There is a selection of cafes, restaurants and eateries a short walk from our studio, in the surrounding area.
We would suggest exploring booking.com, do take into consideration how far you would like to travel each day. We do not have a recommended list of hotels but a couple of suggestions nearby would be a Double Tree Hilton (approximately 5-10 minute walk). The Chelsea Harbour Hotel (approximately 15 minute walk). If you would like to explore London during your time across the workshop, we would recommend staying somewhere in Kensington or Chelsea, they are both beautiful areas and a little more central, however they are further from the studio, approximately 30/40 minute walk and may be more suitable for public transport. Sloane Square is about a half an hour bus/15 minute taxi ride from the studio and it is a great area too.