ADVANCED PROFESSIONAL EVENT FLORISTRY
Course duration: 1 Week
Course level: Advanced florists
Course size: 10 students
Course Venue: Philippa Craddock Flower School, London, SW6 2AG
- Group welcome and today's brief
- Tea/Coffee with guest speaker
- Business theory: design documents
- Group creative discussion
- Design construction
This course is held at our creative working flower studio in Fulham, London, in a dedicated, light-flooded, creative space - the perfect environment for an inspiring, creative week.
Philippa Craddock, Unit 3c, Imperial Studios, 3/11 Imperial Road, London, SW6 2AG
We supply all the ingredients, tools, a protective apron and expertise required to complete the course and create the designs.
The nearest train stations are: Imperial Wharf (overground trains) and Fulham Broadway (underground trains), both approximately 10 minute walks from our studio.
There is an app called ‘citymapper’ which is an excellent navigation tool if you are not familiar with the city, it will guide you through the best and quickest routes to your destination.
There is a selection of cafes, restaurants and eateries a short walk from our studio, in the surrounding area.
We would suggest exploring booking.com, do take into consideration how far you would like to travel each day. We do not have a recommended list of hotels but a couple of suggestions nearby would be a Double Tree Hilton (approximately 5-10 minute walk). The Chelsea Harbour Hotel (approximately 15 minute walk). If you would like to explore London during your time across the workshop, we would recommend staying somewhere in Kensington or Chelsea, they are both beautiful areas and a little more central, however they are further from the studio, approximately 30/40 minute walk and may be more suitable for public transport. Sloane Square is about a half an hour bus/15 minute taxi ride from the studio and it is a great area too.
This course is designed for experienced florists with an advanced understanding of floristry and a good understanding of event designs or directly following completion of our Professional Event Floristry course and looking to challenge themselves and/or greater further their event floristry industry knowledge and skills to enhance their floristry career and/or their own flower business
It is perfect if you already have several years experience and you are now looking to start your own floral event business or further advance your skills to include complex yet sustainable larger scale designs installations, or if you are working in a large flower shop or own your own business and keen to offer clients larger, complex designs and installations in a sustainable way.
We have a wealth of knowledge and expertise to share with you and each day we will include plenty of hands on, creative group sessions where we will immerse ourselves in beautiful flowers and foliages, sketches, mood boards and discussions of event florals and briefs, textures and colours and installations and construction.
Topics we will explore include, but are not limited to:
- An further insight into the Philippa Craddock design process
- Complex briefs, designing and styling
- Consultations and client relations and managing clients
- Problem solving
- Complex design documents
- Detailed event pricing, budgets and costs
- Detailed event logistics and installation - bigger scale.
- Design composition and floral selection and placement
- Colours, textures, shapes and dimensions
- Exploring and learning the mechanics and foam-free techniques behind complex designs
- Foam-free floristry and sustainability
The workshop space will become our working florist studio for the week and alongside creative and theory sessions we will construct complex floral designs that will challenge, inspire and excite you.
Designs we will cover:
- Pergola design. Fully decorated to include a floral ceiling canopy, floral columns, floral table arrangements and table setting.
- Cascading table designs. With the physical construction of base structural props to support the whimsical trailings drops.
- Large bespoke tree structure, created and constructed from scratch.
- Guest speakers from the British events and design industries
Booking terms and conditions can be viewed here.